Pages

Monday, May 4, 2015

I Am Not Available For Courtesy Visits - Governor-elect

Abia State governor-elect, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has banned courtesy visits to his home, saying he would no longer be available to receive any delegation coming for the purpose of congratulating him, Thisday Reports.
In a press statement personally signed by Ikpeazu, he thanked Abia residents for voting him into power but pleaded with those jostling to pay him courtesy visits to give him some breathing space so he could prepare for the job he was elected to do.

The statement read in part, “I wish to thank all those who have felicitated with me in one way or the other since I was declared winner but plead for the understanding of all those who are planning courtesy calls that I shall no longer be available to receive any delegation coming with the intention to congratulate me.
“Because of the enormity of the task ahead, I require all the time I can get to plan to ensure that I justify the enormous confidence you have all reposed in me.”
“I acknowledge that the position you have bestowed on me is one of trust and my victory at the poll is at your instance,” he said, adding “with God’s help, I shall do all within my power to justify this enormous confidence you have reposed in me
He pleaded for the understanding of all those planning to embark on congratulatory and commendation visits and assured that he would feel worthy to start accept such visits “after I have been sworn-in and after I have made appreciable impact”.
Punch correspondent reports that Ikpeazu’s country home at Umuobiakwa in Obingwa Local Government Area of Abia State had become a Mecca of sorts since after the governorship ection as individuals and groups continue to pay visits to the governor-elect.
Various entertainment groups and dancing troupes have also been having a field day with free feeding a daily routine for all visitors.
Ikpeazu had declared in the past, that his administration will be much better and faster in service delivery  than that of incumbent governor, Chief Theodore Orji.
READ MORE: http://www.naij.com

No comments:

Post a Comment